- 4 T Grape Seed Oil (divided)
- 16-20 Ounces Vegan Chicken pieces
- 1 Bell Pepper (thin slices-julienne)
- 1 Onion (thin slices)
- *8 Ounces Button Mushrooms (thin sliced)
- 1 t Poultry Seasoning Blend
- 1 T Steak Seasoning Blend
- 1/2 Garlic Powder (not too much, most steak seasonings have garlic in the blend)
- 3 T Vegan Worchestershire Sauce
- 2 T Coconut Aminos
- Vegan Provalone Cheeze Slices
- 6-8 Hoagie Rolls
- Optional condiments: Vegan Mayo, Dijon/Mustard, hot or sweet peppers, lettuce, tomato, Tabasco, ketchup
Prepare oven on Broil
In a hot pan add oil and *mushrooms (skip if mushrooms aren't your thing), cook mushrooms by leaving in pan and not disturbing too much. This is how you get crispy golden edges. Turn 1-2 times until mushrooms are cooked. Remove from pan and set aside.
Same pan, add oil then vegan chicken pieces, allow chicken to get a slight color/ golden hue. Then add onions and peppers cook until veggies are softened but not over cooked. Add seasonings- mix well. Now add worchestershire, and aminos. Add the cooked mushrooms without the mushroom liquid to the mix (you want a drip factor but not too watery). Taste to check seasoning, this should not be bland.
Open hoagies rolls and place on a lined sheet pan with foil or parchment. Fill rolls with chicken steak mixture. Top with vegan provalone slices then place in oven (leave oven door open) for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and serve em up with your favorite continents and toppings.