- 1.5 Cup Cashews (soaked overnight or in hot water for 1 hour)
- 3 Cups Almond Milk
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Cup Vegan Parmesan
- 1/4 Cup Parsley (reserve for last)
- 2 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon Dried or 1 small bunch of Basil fresh
- tt Pink Himalayan Salt
- tt Black Pepper
Toss all ingredients (except parsley) in a blender and blend until very smooth. I blend mine for a good 2-4 minutes of high. Taste and adjust seasoning. I usually have to add more salt at this point, totally cool that’s what cooking is all about... adjust as you go. Pour into a saucepan (on medium heat) continually stirring for a few minutes until sauce is heated through. Add parsley- I love to see specks of parsley in my Alfredo like a traditional Alfredo.
If Alfredo is too thick adjust by adding more almond milk. Serve with cooked pasta of choice or use as a pizza sauce. This sauce keeps well, so if you have extra place in an air tight container and refrigerate.