Not challenging at all right! Simple Cauliflower Buffalo Wingz... there’s a ton of recipes out there (all great) but I wanted to point out 3 simple TIPS that will make your Buffalo bites restaurant quality.
TIPS FOR PERFECT CAULIFLOWER WINGZ:
1. Season your cauliflower batter very well. Your buffalo sauce should not be your only point of seasoning. My batter has COLOR (a dark pink hue) not white.`
2. Fry or bake. I treat myself with a fry at times, but if you are baking a high temperature of 400°+ allows the cauliflower to roast and get crispy.
3. Allow your Buffalo Sauce to cool before tossing it on the cauliflower. A hot vinegary mix with a hot cauliflower will only give you a soggy acidic ‘wing’ . DO NOT OVER SAUCE. If you want more sauce serve on the side.
- 1 Head Caulflower (separated into florets)
- 1 Cup Gluten Free Flour Mix (with Rice Flour- Rice Flour gives you that crisp)
- 1 Cup Non Dairy Milk Or water
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 T Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 Cup Hot Sauce (if cauliflower is large double it to 2 Cups + double butter)
- 1 T Vegan Butter
- Oil for Fryer or a sheet pan lined with parchment paper for baking
- *Optional Garnish: Cilantro, Parsley, Vegan Blue Cheeze Crumbles, Shredded Vegan Parmesan.
Place butter and hot sauce in a sauce pan and allow both to melt together. Once it’s warm enough to where you see the butter melting turn off heal and swirl (or whisk) the butter into the hot sauce. Set aside.
Mix all spices, flour, and liquid. Whisk until a pancake like consistency. Did florets then place into hot oil. Fry until golden brown. Drain in a palate towel. If baking place in a parchment lined sheet pan, roast until edges are golden brown.
Once cauliflower is done, place into a deep dish bowl (don’t crowd the bowl) and pour the buffalo sauce (only start with 1/4 Cup) around the parimeter of the bowel while gently tossing. Serve immediately with a vegan ranch.